Prev: Re: Idle Torpedo Thoughts Next: [FT] BFG Fighters

Re: More on New Star Wars Toys

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 07:47:07 -0500
Subject: Re: More on New Star Wars Toys

***
Search out and find "Circus Imperium" for the Renegade Legion universe,
by
FASA. While the track is just an oval, I'm sure the mechanics would work
well. :)
***

Tre hoot, I must say. However, I'm assuming there'll have to be a lot of
chrome work done anyway (the carnivorous draft beasts in CI may not be
right
for this use, though I'll have to wait to see the movie to be certain),
and
CI can be a bit difficult to hunt down.

Somewhat easier is AH's Circus Maximus, and Cheapass Games' Ben Hurt is
in
stores right now. Both similar, and if you have to do the adaptive work
anyway...

***small spoiler area to follow***
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

However, for canyon running, I'm certain there are other games with less
converting necessary. I'll put my thinking cap on...

***
submarine that would make a nice spaceship.
***

Anyone else think these look like good matches for the SD grubs used as
Sa'Vasku?

***
>Gungans V - 8 people
>Battle Driods VI - 8 droids
Are the "Gungans V" and the "Battle Droids VI" the small 1" tall figure
packs?
***

Yes on the first, don't recall on the second, and I'll be getting some
myself,
but be warned, the ones I saw had even worse paint, especially facial,
than the
earlier sets. Yes, I know, most of the previous just had one color paint
on the
face, but at least that paint was pretty well centered ON the face.
Can't say
the same for the Gunguns I saw.

As far as the Royal Spaceship, the person, I think on
rec.games.miniatures.misc,
that was complaining about 'a current trend of spaceships as bricks'
(hey, I
LOVE my new NSL fleet! ;->= ) will be MOST pleased. Lovely curves and
bulges,
with a long pointy snout.

Has anybody looked at the new plastic kits? Most seem too large, but
there's a
box that SEEMS to have three Trade Fed drone fighters. They'd probably
be the
right size to fit with most FT fleets, and definitely a new shape. If
anybody
picks one up, I'd like a report before I do. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Idle Torpedo Thoughts Next: [FT] BFG Fighters