Prev: Re: [FT]United Nations? Next: Re: [FH]FTL comms

Re: [FT]United Nations?

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 14:28:22 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT]United Nations?

G'day Donald,

>Ok...How about this question then:
>
>When did the UN convince the member states to allow it to have a fleet?
Or are
>their space forces (as of 2183) "borrowed" like their modern forces?

Can't give you dates on when UNSC got its fleet etc, but as to who owns
it,
in my reading of the GZGverse the UN has a fleet of its own which is
supplemented in times of crisis (e.g. Kra'vak war), or during certain
missions, with other forces from other nations. For instance, in my
crack-pot timeline, the IAS not only supply the UN with personnel to
stick
on UNSC ships, but also let the UNSC "borrow" their ships too (e.g. IAS
fleet would be part of a joint UNSC force out to get Kra'vak etc.). The
IAS
do all this because they still need UNSC support and this is how they
repay
that, this may not be true of other nations (especially the major
powers).

At least that's my take on the UN in space.

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [FT]United Nations? Next: Re: [FH]FTL comms