Prev: Re: USA Timeline (was: RE: I'm Back) Next: Re: Locating minis

Re: ROCKET FLIGHT by Sierra Madre Games

From: Keith Watt <kwatt@a...>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 00:35:44 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Subject: Re: ROCKET FLIGHT by Sierra Madre Games

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> Warning: the game components are flimsy and
> amateurish looking.  But you folks will just be
> using it as a strategic movement system for
> Full Thrust, so that doesn't matter.

As Todd pointed out a while back, I made a V_Map tileset for Rocket
Flight
and it is available on his website.  For that tileset I made new maps in
Adobe Illustrator that are (IMO) much cleaner than the ones that come
with
the game.  I separated all the tactical maps (they are "overlayed" on
one
map in the game) and cleaned up the delta-v and rocket design sheets.  I
also moved the charts off of the maps and onto a stand-up card (though
this is not in the V_Map set - email me directly if you want it).  The
game can be completely played on V_Map, but you can also print out the
maps from the tileset and use them in place of the ones that shipped
with
the game (which is what I do).

The game can handle 2-6 players; I'm willing to serve as coordinator if
there's interest in starting up a game via V_Map...

But I got dibs on the Lab.. <g>

Keith

kwatt@astro.umd.edu
Univ. of Maryland Astronomy

Prev: Re: USA Timeline (was: RE: I'm Back) Next: Re: Locating minis