Prev: Re: (OT) Univ of Berkeley Next: Re: USA Timeline (was: RE: I'm Back)

ROCKET FLIGHT by Sierra Madre Games

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:04:43 -0400
Subject: ROCKET FLIGHT by Sierra Madre Games

Anybody who is interested in an accurate game that has
an interplanetary movement system which could be
transplanted to another game should check out
ROCKET FLIGHT by Sierra Madre Games.

You can get it at the official web site at
http://www.io.com/~wasson/smg.html
but you can find it cheaper at other sites
( http://www.finegames.com/ for instance)

This game is so accurate it is scary.  All the delta-V,
specific impulse, and mass flow data is there.
All the many propulsion systems are ones that are
either in existance or on the drawing boards.
I am seriously impressed with this game.
At $16, this thing is a steal!
All the propulsion systems, from lowely solar sails
up to J x B electrothermal, Hydrogen-Boron fusion,
and Pion antimatter!

Warning: the game components are flimsy and
amateurish looking.  But you folks will just be
using it as a strategic movement system for
Full Thrust, so that doesn't matter.

Prev: Re: (OT) Univ of Berkeley Next: Re: USA Timeline (was: RE: I'm Back)