Prev: Re: Locating minis Next: Re: Locating minis

Re: FH Machine People

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:19:59 +1200
Subject: Re: FH Machine People

Stephen wrote:
> As it seems like I'm back on the list (RL can be a pain) I would like
now how you would quantify the ships program into a GA?
	I would do it by writing a simple object that encode all the
functionality
of a device into it. Repeat this for all sensors and effectors. Develop
simply language that operates the objects. Then toss some strings in
this
language in a box, stir well by mixing, chopping and lengthening the
strings. Interpret the strings and operate the devices. Introduce
heredity
by ensuring that effective strings are replicated more frequently. Prune
strings that are ineffective. Keep testing for up to 100 generations.
Don't
be afraid to start over. The hard part is writing the test and
evaluation
part.
	Watch a baby learning how to cope with its environment - its
software is
evolving to control it's hardware.

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin
Online @ 2400 Baud!

Prev: Re: Locating minis Next: Re: Locating minis