Prev: [PBeM] Estrell Battleship Duel - Players needed Next: [PBeM] Estrell Battleship Duel - All positions are filled

Re: [FT] Sensor range question (and Evasion)

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 21:30:31 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Sensor range question (and Evasion)

>> My take is that an evasive maneuver is both more contingent and more
>> violent:
>>
>> Evasive Maneuvers - Reaction to fire. Can be declared by a target
ship
after
>> an attacking ship declares weapon fire against target ship,

I don't know about you, but I don't call my enemy's ship ahead of time
and
say "Look here, old chap, I'm going to be shooting at you right after my
gunners finish tea, frightfully sorry and all that."  Speed-of-light
weapons
mean you need to be dodging _before_ you know someone is shooting.

Prev: [PBeM] Estrell Battleship Duel - Players needed Next: [PBeM] Estrell Battleship Duel - All positions are filled