Prev: Re: [FT] Sensor Range Question Next: I'm Back

Re: [FT] Sensor Range Question

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 20:59:33 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Sensor Range Question

>Just one more thing (which is purely out of my own curiosity) if sensor
>ranges are so small that you'd only see a fleet coming if it was as
close
>as the moon etc, how do the fleet find each other to fight? Just wander
>around until they fall over something? And I'm not trying to take the
mick
>here (well not completely), I am seriously curious.

A) The defending squadron stays fairly close to the object it is
defending
(which makes tactical sense, otherwise you find out that you're
defending
against a feint and you're waaaay out here.  Meanwhile, back at the
ranch...)
B) I assume that sensor range means "range at which you can achieve a
firm
firing solution."  You might double it again, or more, to get the
maximum
"there's something out there, don't know exactly what, captain, but I'm
picking up traces" range.

Prev: Re: [FT] Sensor Range Question Next: I'm Back