Prev: Re: [FT] Sensor range question Next: Re: [FT] Sensor range question

Re: [FT] Marines

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:17:12 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Marines

>Using a little bit of guesswork & the information used in MT, you get
>the following approximate breakup of crew per CF:
>
>4 officers (7/8 of which are navy, the 8th is marine)
>6-8 ratings (general crew)
>4-5 ratings (damage control)
>4-5 marines in Powerarmour or heavy combat gear.

However, Victoria has a crew factor of 6, defined as 18 officers and 102
ratings--PLUS a platoon of marines.  You could just say "Crew Factor/3 =
Marine Factor" but I don't think it would be quite that linear.  My
proposal
is Crew Factor - 4 = Marine Factor, leaving the smaller ships with a
squad
or so.	But it would be nice to have an OFFICIAL(tm) pronouncement, so
the
Alarishi can ignore it.  (Alarishi ships, except scouts, all have
marines
anyway).

Prev: Re: [FT] Sensor range question Next: Re: [FT] Sensor range question