Prev: [OT] graphics Next: Re: Impovrished Gamer Tip: Not just Jungle Trees

Re: [OT] graphics

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 11:28:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] graphics

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Laserlight wrote:

> I've just about mastered MS Paint, and I'm looking for the next step
> (_small_ step) up in graphics programs.  The ideal candidate will be
easy to
> use, free, capable of creating jpeg or gif (or both), and--most
> importantly--simple.	Suggestions?

Paint Shop Pro. It's shareware (but it comes fully enabled so you don't
_have_ to pay the shareware fee....**cough cough**) and quite like MS
Paint, only on a higher level.

It can handle nearly any type of graphics file type, and it has a number
of nifty utility-type things - easy dropshadows, buttonizing, lots of
other special effects. The basic paint and draw functions are basically
identical to Paint.

I'm not sure where to download it, exactly, (can't recall where I
grabbed
my copy) but search "Paint Shop Pro" on any good search engine, and
you'll
find it. Zipped, it's just under 3Mb. The filename is psp412.zip - you
might have better luck searching for that.

For some idea of what can be done w/ PSP, check out my website (URL in
my
sig), esp. the large group of navigation buttons on the Games page, and
most of the small graphics around the site. Most of them are my own
work,
with free webclipart thrown in now and then.

I also use an old version of Corel Draw (v.4), but that's not shareware.
Good, though. Very different from PSP - they complement each other
nicely,
although my computer sometimes objects to running them both at the same
time...

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)			-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
      - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: [OT] graphics Next: Re: Impovrished Gamer Tip: Not just Jungle Trees