Prev: Re: FH Machine People Next: Re: FH Machine People

Re: FH Machine People

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 12:41:37 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: FH Machine People

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Donald Hosford wrote:

> Come to think of it....I have seen a "robot guidance" rules in an old
issue of
> the White Dwarf. (I think it was shortly after they went entirely
warhammer.)

> It involved a large set of tiles.  Each tile said something different
like "move
> full speed", "Attack", or arrows, or disision boxs.  All "programs"
started at
> the upper left tile, and moved to the lower right.
> So you could use the tiles to make up any program you wanted.  The
only problem
> was if you had more than a few robots with differant programs.  You
would run
> out of tiles...

that sounds exactly like the robot programming system i used. we added a
few more types of tiles and made plenty of copies.

funny, really - there are a number of such two-dimensional programming
languages. i made a list a while ago:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~univ0938/2dpl.html

i believe them to be entirely pointless.

Tom

Prev: Re: FH Machine People Next: Re: FH Machine People