Prev: Re:FH Machine People Next: [CB] Player slots filled

Re: FH Machine People

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:28:29 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: FH Machine People

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Laserlight wrote:

> Ships run by AI's.  Write a strategy program with random variations
and note
> which ones survive.

i think this is certainly an interesting idea; i'm pretty sure i could
reduce my tactical skill to a fairly simple set of rules without too
much
trouble. now, this may be because my tactical skill isn't up to much,
but
i think it's also because low-level tactics in FT (in terms of turning
and
allocating batteries) are really fairly simple in FT: it's the strategy,
the integration of individial ships' maneuvers into a greater whole,
that
is challenging.

your proposed AI rules seem to neglect this aspect; for instance,
nowhere
is there any provision for concentrating your forces on a single enemy
target, as i usually do when i play. i see no reason why that couldn't
be
added, but i think it would be very hard. good luck!

> The Machine People would have no missiles

could you explain the reasoning behind this?

> probably strong hulls and armor.

i suppose if they don't need all those corridors, then bulkheads can be
lot stronger.

Tom

Prev: Re:FH Machine People Next: [CB] Player slots filled