Prev: [FT] questions Next: RE: [FT] questions

RE: [FT] questions

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 20:50:30 -0700
Subject: RE: [FT] questions

At 11:20 AM 4/19/99 +1000, you wrote:
>1.	FTL boundary is fairly arbitrary.  In 'pure' FT, there is
>theoretically a 6MU boundary, as you take damage if there is anything
>within this distance.	 Otherwise it depends on your background & what
>you want to set as a house rule.
>
>Mileu specific FTL limits:
>Traveller - can't remember.

In "Classic" and MegaTraveller it was set at 100 planetary diamaters.
It
is a good bet that this was kept in the other itenerations of Traveller
as
you would have to change a lot of the PSB that gives the game its
flavor.
But as I don't have whatever came after MT (except for GURPS Trav, but
that
is basicaly "Classic" flavored) so I can't say for sure.

While the FTL boundary varies depending on what your PSB is and/or what
movie or game you are using as your basis for space battles it really
comes
down to what makes a good battle in your opinion.  A FTL drive that can
be
used in a low planitary orbit will make for different battles than one
that
has to drop into normal space at 50 AU due to it's fields reacting to
the
solar wind or whatever.

Ok, I will stop stating the obvious now.

Ndege Diamond

Prev: [FT] questions Next: RE: [FT] questions