Prev: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust... Next: Attack of the Teenage Mutant Governments

Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:53:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

Donald Hosford wrote:

> Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>
> > > This file is my take on the United States.  (They secretly build
> > > starships, and leave the solar system in 2053.  They later return
in
> > > 2188.)
> >
> > Well...
> >
> > The comment about "I can't see how the NAC would say no" to ceding
the
> > USA is... strange, to say the least.
> >
> > Put it like this: How would the current US government react if,
during
> > WWII, all of a sudden the (well-armed and numerous) descendants of
> > Sitting Bull turned up out of nowhere and demanded that all the
Plains
> > states be immediately turned over to them, or else...? The situation
is
> > a very close analogue to your storyline.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Oerjan Ohlson
> > oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
> >
> > "Life is like a sewer.
> >   What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
> > - Hen3ry
>
> Well I did say that it seemed unlikely that the Americans would remain
that
> mad for 135 years...They would probably work out some kind of economic
> trade deal, and leave it at that.
>
> Besides, the various earth nations have been fighting the Kra'Vak for
the
> last 4-5 years, and they are slowly losing ground....
>
> Donald Hosford

I know I am commenting to myself again....

Well boys and girls, it occurs to me that this is a space combat game.
All
space combat games thrive on conflict.	That means wars, ect.  If you
had a
game where everyone had a nice day, no one was hurt or even dirty
words....It
would make for an extreamly boaring space combat game.	Therefore if
someone
wants to game out the americans coming back to attack the NAC (win or
lose),
let'em.

If you look to real history, it is filled with some of the most
unbelievable
reasons peaple started wars.

So it stands to reason that the americans could attack the NAC....Thats
why I
listed that possibility.

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust... Next: Attack of the Teenage Mutant Governments