Prev: RE: OU/NAC- Hawaii? Re: Achmaenid Persian Empire Next: Empire Building

Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:44:38 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

Donald Hosford wrote:

Hm. Strange file format - or, rather, the file wants to be opened by
ALIFE.EXE (which it claims is "required to read this type of .ASC
files", which is obviously wrong since Wordpad works just as well :-/ )

> This file is my take on the United States.  (They secretly build
> starships, and leave the solar system in 2053.  They later return in
> 2188.)

Well...

The comment about "I can't see how the NAC would say no" to ceding the
USA is... strange, to say the least.

Put it like this: How would the current US government react if, during
WWII, all of a sudden the (well-armed and numerous) descendants of
Sitting Bull turned up out of nowhere and demanded that all the Plains
states be immediately turned over to them, or else...? The situation is
a very close analogue to your storyline.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: OU/NAC- Hawaii? Re: Achmaenid Persian Empire Next: Empire Building