Prev: [PBeM] Empress Arianna's Second Tournament Concludes Next: [FT] ship design

Re: "Official B5 specifications?" [was: TBP B5 Olympus Class Corvette - Confused...]

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:58:01 +1000
Subject: Re: "Official B5 specifications?" [was: TBP B5 Olympus Class Corvette - Confused...]

G'day John,

>This is where I was coming from - I would have assumed JMS would of had
>draft notes and ideas on the various space fleets and the vessels that
>appeared on the show, and I would have thought these would have been
used to
>create the initial stuff. Crusade and such would have added a few more,
then
>presumably someone, like B5W or TBP would fill in the gaps... But as
you
>suspect WB probably haven't got a clue anyway!

If TV/movies are anything like the stage then if you're the 'effects
guy'
you get handed the script which has comments like 'space battle here and
ship x explodes now' - after that its up to your own imagination, so if
anyone knew the stats its more likely to be the graphics guys.

>Has anyone played FT vs B5 Fleets?

We've had a couple of games (with many more to come now since more of
the
guys' fleets have arrived) and all went well. The only thing that really
stuck out like was that for the same 'points cost' you get a lot fewer
B5
ships e.g. Derek's last game was his Sharlin vs about 12+ FSE - not that
think that worried him ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: [PBeM] Empress Arianna's Second Tournament Concludes Next: [FT] ship design