Prev: RE: [FT] Japanese Next: RE: Ship Design - FT2 and FT FB

Re: [OT] Noble Armada?

From: The Caldwells <clcaldwell@p...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:23:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Noble Armada?

I'd also be interested in more information about this game.  I have some
credit at a local game store that I need to burn off before I leave
town.
And yes, I've already placed the order for GeoHex Dirtside2 miniatures
(needed some Islamic Fed infantrymen for my Nuke St. Louis scenario).
But
then I earned more credit through no fault of my own and there isn't
time
to place another order, so. . .

I did see a web page review of this somewhere, but it didn't provide
many
details.  I'll see if I can find that page again.

Nick

At 10:13 AM 4/11/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Seen, played, and owned.
>
>However, only time I played was at GenCon. I found the
>mechanics counter-intuitive, but that was a single play,
>and the designer/demo-presenter admitted he was nursing
>a nasty hangover combined with lack of sleep. ;->=
>
>Also, I've never felt comfortable with FTFB's vector system,
>so add that to YMMV.
>
>Hex-based, with 20-sided die used for both rolling attacks
>and marking ships' velocity.
>
>The figs are the new Silent Death silver-coloured plastic,
>but obviously a smaller scale, maybe SD-escort compatible.
>
>One thing to remember is it is associated with the RPG
>Fading Suns, and has rules for boarding that are fairly
>important to the play.
>
>It's sitting in the pile of 'must get back and try again'
>pile. I'll dig it out and bash a description of the play
>I had difficulty working out, unless someone else comes
>along and steals my thunder, which I won't mind a bit.
>
>Preferably by a proponent. I could stand to learn from a
>positive review.
>
>The_Beast

Nick Caldwell
clcaldwell@primary.net

Prev: RE: [FT] Japanese Next: RE: Ship Design - FT2 and FT FB