Prev: Re: [FT] Japanese... and OU Next: Re: [FT] Japanese... and OU

Re: [FT] Japanese... and OU

From: Don Greenfield <gryphon@a...>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 19:41:36 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Japanese... and OU

At 11:16 AM 4/12/99 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day guys,
>
>>there's no such registration on my list of powers, and i don't recall
>>anyone popping up and claiming them. however, there may be unofficial
>>unofficial efforts. the japanese would certainly be a good addition to
the
>>set.
>
>Thanks. Sounds like he may have something else to add to the list of
things
>to do. Currently he's working on the ship designs for his version of
the OU
>- he's got 2 CL, 2 CH, 3 DD minis painted and based and is waiting for
the
>CVL (when ever it comes) with eager anticipation. Brief description of
>ships so far:
>BB (or BDN depending on who's reference book you've read) - biggest he
>thinks the OU will get (main striking arm in his mind are carriers, but
its
>the BB's job to make sure no body gets too close to them)
>CVH - little more than launching platforms for its 8 fighter groups (at
160
>mass they're a strong believer in distance as the best defence)
>CH and CL - make extensive use of MT missiles
>DD - use beams and extended range SMR
>
>As you may have guessed he's optimised his version of the OU to fight
at
>12-24" with the carriers sitting WAY WAY back. His cruisers and above
have
>screens and all the ships make extensive use of PDS and ADFC (if you're
>fighter, hitting these guys is like running full sprint into a gill
net!).

>Cheers
>
>Beth
>
>P.S. I have dropped Lonnie a line.

Beth,
  I mentioned at one point a while back that I painted up one of the
RAFM
Silent Death fighter figs in Japanese colors. The base coat is white
with a
light blue band around the hull and the Rising Sun on the hull and
winglets. It looks pretty nice, and when my scanner access gets back
from
his Marine Corps reserve drill I'll have to get it scanned in. Well,
actually I'll have to take a picture first. :-\. Anyone have some good
tips
on taking pictures of figs?
  It doesn't actually answer your questions about ship designs, but it
does
answer what the fleet looks like. . I guess. :-)

--
Don

Prev: Re: [FT] Japanese... and OU Next: Re: [FT] Japanese... and OU