Prev: Re: Twilight Next: Full Thrust

Re: Twilight

From: ngilsena@m...
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 19:55:15 +0000
Subject: Re: Twilight

> Date: 	 Fri, 09 Apr 1999 14:13:47 -0400
> To:		 gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
> From: 	 John Crimmins <johncrim@voicenet.com>
> Subject:	 Re: Twilight
> Reply-to:	 gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

> At 01:31 PM 4/9/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >Any recommendations on Twilight Imperium?
> >
> >--Chris  DeBoe laserlight@cwix.com
> >Opportunity knocks:
> >Quixtar(sm) Pre-Launch Site: www.countdown9199.com
>
> Haven't played in some time, but it's a GREAT game.  The political
phase
> adds a lot to the game (and is the main attraction, in my case).  I
played
> my first game just after I finished listening to the Book On Tape of
> Dune--26 hours, hightly recommended, and the only thing that allowed
me to
> maintain my sanity during my final months at my old job--and I still
cannot
> help but think of the Imperial homeworld as Salusa Secundus.
>
> The plastic playing bits are nice, but nothing that can be adapted to
FT,
> by the way.  It was my first thought....
>
> John X Crimmins
> johncrim@voicenet.com
>   "...is one of the secret masters of the world: a librarian.
> They control information.  Don't ever piss one off."
>   --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

I've had it for a while but only got to play it a couple of times.
Its enjoyable and simple enough to grasp the basics in very little
time.  The expansion sets were quite expensive for what you got (just
some extra event cards and a couple of new ship counter sheets).

Chris Weuve has a comparison of it and Throneworld (another
game in a similar vein) on his site at

http://www.kentaurus.com/essays.htm
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT, Cathal Brugha St,