Prev: Buck Rogers game Next: OT: Did anyone see Horatio Hornblower on A&E last night?

Re: Buck Rogers game

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 11:34:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Buck Rogers game

TP sed:
***
I just got the latest catalog from American Science and Surplus:

http://www.sciplus.com/ (for the web-inclined)
***

I'm assuming this is just so we can get the catalog, if so inclined.
I'm not seeing the ships on the site listings.

***
Among the usual exciting new silly things they were selling all the
plastic "miniatures" from the Buck Rogers game in individual bags (bags
of 15-100 sorted by type).
***

To save us the trouble of trying to get the catalog, prices would have
been nice in the description above.

Figs are of space ships and 'people'. All made from soft, slick plastic
that I've been referring to as vinyl, but, after I'd been taken to task,
is
probably the even more difficult to paint polypropylene. Everything is
marginally crudely molded, simply detailed.

Ships: I forget exact names, somebody already put them up, and probably
will again, but: learjet-in-space, about 1/2 inch long; 'battler', looks
like the Sathar fighters from Star Frontiers, maybe 3/4 inch with
forward
swept wings; 'transports', shoe-boxes with bulb nose and wings, probably
closest to the old serials' spaceships, little longer than an inch.

Damn, the box art had the transports the long and lovely Knight Hawks
independents...

'People': Characters(Buck, Wilma, Ardala, Kane, Huer, Barney(Black)) in
gold plastic; troopers, actually fair modern-types; 'gennies' larger
than
troopers, goofy pistol-toters, look ok next to Paranoia's plastic bubble
heads.

Misc. Factory squares and orbital death satellites (detailed globe with
bfg on top) both in dark gray.

All of the above, except where mentioned, molded in six, really ugly
(tm)
pastel colors. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Buck Rogers game Next: OT: Did anyone see Horatio Hornblower on A&E last night?