Prev: Re: Other Solar Sys maps Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25 Next: Re: Other Solar Sys maps Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25

RE: "Aluminum" Paint Jobs.

From: Binhan Lin <Lin@R...>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 13:10:08 -0700
Subject: RE: "Aluminum" Paint Jobs.

For my 1/144th scale planes like the B-17, B-24, P-51, P-47 and
P-38, I primer light gray and use aluminum spray paint.  It's quick,
but not as shiny as real aluminum.  But then again you're not going
to get that kind of shine without a whole lot of work or money.  More
expensive methods include self-adhesive metal foils - the kind used
for scale classic cars to do chrome work and fenders or electro-
plating.  If you're just doing it for game pieces, I'd stick with the
spray paint - it's quick and cheap.

As for looking plain - plain aluminum does look plain.	We add details
such as panel lines in a medium gray color or pick squadrons that
have interesting colors or patterns for the wingtips, tails and noses.

--Binhan