Prev: [FT]Time line... Next: Re: Other Solar Sys maps Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25

Other Solar Sys maps Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 13:07:24 -0600
Subject: Other Solar Sys maps Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25

***
Ah, an abstraction...How big was the map?

I don't think I have ever heard of DS....Is it a new game, or an old out
of
print one?
***

I'm assuming it's the long OOP Dark Stars by Simulations Canada. I've a
copy at
home,
though I didn't recall the display. Yet another box to dig out of the
basement.
*shudder*

For completeness, I'll mention Battletech's Aerospace hex map with lil
arrows
pointing
out the grav well, though it wasn't the 'area' system we've been
discussing, and
SPI's
BattleFleet Mars, though my recollection is the planetary orbits only
went to
Jupiter.
We've already discussed Starfire's system.

Good systems, but more complicated than I was going for, and I was the
fellow
that
wanted slightly less grainy dirt combat.

I wish I were up to posting to the rec. hierarchy again. There's a
discussion of
3-D
representation, and BFM had that 'interesting' system, with 5 counters
per
ship/missle.

The_Beast

Prev: [FT]Time line... Next: Re: Other Solar Sys maps Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25