Prev: OT: B5W question Next: Re: B5W question

Re: B5W question

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:50:11 -0700
Subject: Re: B5W question

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:43:53 -0800, Nathan Pettigrew writes:
>IMHO:
>
>It's a hex based (although I think they just came out with a vector
system)
>representation of ship to ship combat in the B5 universe.  The
complexity is
>between Full Thrust and Starfleet Battles, closer to the SFB side.  The
>couple of games I've played have been very slow paced even with just a
few
>ships.  The level of detail is high (allocating damage to the section
of the
>ship where the weapon would have actually hit, allocating power to
weapons
>and systems, armor on individual systems, etc...) but the book keeping
is
>very time consuming.
>
>It's not a bad game, but more than I want to go through when I just
want to
>have fun blowing a friend's cruisers out of space.
>
>They've just released a 2nd edition that's supposed to tie up a few
loose
>ends and add some new rules.  Haven't actually seen it yet.
>
>The minis aren't bad either.
>
>Thanks,
>Nathan

Just to add some more bits of info:

official web site: www.agentsofgaming.com

I also happen to run the B5W mailing list. :) I can give you details
about it off-line if you want.

ps. Its really wierd how often the 3 space game mailing lists I run
(starfire, gzg-l and babylon5-wars) mention each other and ask for
info.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: OT: B5W question Next: Re: B5W question