Prev: Re: 2nd Southern Civil war And Succession...... Next: Re: [OT] BFG Questions ?

Re: [OT] BFG Questions ?

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:32:03 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [OT] BFG Questions ?

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:52:51 +0000 (GMT) Thomas Anderson
<thomas.anderson@university-college.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 CLL@LGC.CO.UK wrote:

>> I've got the Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook in front of me, anyone got
anything they want to know ?

> yah! what i've been wondering is this: are there any features which
BFG has but which FT/MT/FB doesn't? i suppose i really mean features
which aren't totally GW-specific. [Snip] otoh, sensor rules for
fighters are something we lack at the moment. <

How about rules for gravity wells? The BFG stuff in the latest WD,
including a replay, seems to indicate that slingshot manoeuvres are not
only possible but important. And, unless my memory is totally shot
(quite possible; it's exam-writing time and my brain is frazzled), I
don't remember FT including that sort of thing -- orbits, yes, but not
slingshots and the like (if it's been there all the time and I've
forgotten it, sorry, Jon).

An observation: the map/table for the BFG replay has a fair amount of
"terrain" on it -- an asteroid field, two gas clouds (or something
similar) and a planet and its moon. Crowded, huh?

Phil
"If you let a smile be your umbrella... you'll get wet teeth!"
   -- a forgotten comedian, quoted by me: Phil Atcliffe
				(Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: 2nd Southern Civil war And Succession...... Next: Re: [OT] BFG Questions ?