Prev: Re: [SG] Easter Scenario Next: Re: 2nd Southern Civil war And Succession......

[OT] BFG Questions ? -Reply

From: CLL@L...
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:53:45 +0000
Subject: [OT] BFG Questions ? -Reply

> On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 CLL@LGC.CO.UK wrote:
  >> I've got the Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook in front of me, anyone got

anything they want to know ?
  > yah! what i've been wondering is this: are there any features which
BFG has but which FT/MT/FB doesn't? i suppose i really mean features
which aren't totally GW-specific. [Snip] otoh, sensor rules for
fighters are
something we lack at the moment. <

How about rules for gravity wells? The BFG stuff in the latest WD,
including a replay, seems to indicate that slingshot manoeuvres are not
only possible but important. And, unless my memory is totally shot
(quite
possible; it's exam-writing time and my brain is frazzled), I  don't
remember
FT including that sort of thing -- orbits, yes, but not  slingshots and
the like
(if it's been there all the time and I've  forgotten it, sorry, Jon).

An observation: the map/table for the BFG replay has a fair amount of
"terrain" on it -- an asteroid field, two gas clouds (or something
similar) and
a planet and its moon. Crowded, huh?

Phil
No slingshots as such, but you can turn faster in a gravity well if you
wish.
Most of these ships turn worse than a thing that doesn't turn very well
at all,
and they need all the help they can get.

Krass

Prev: Re: [SG] Easter Scenario Next: Re: 2nd Southern Civil war And Succession......