Prev: Re: [OT] Case of life imitates art? Next: Full Thrust Strategic

Re: [DS2] Second American Civil War

From: Randall Case <tgunner@e...>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:01:21 -0600
Subject: Re: [DS2] Second American Civil War

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> Just as aside, if you set up the Second American Civil War as a mirror
of the
> first, I think you're missing the point. I have always figured it to
be a
> general breakdown; you forget the anti-Federalist sentiment is
stronger, if
> possible, through much of the West.

I agree. In our campaign we assumed that the US fell apart in numerous
ways. The
Southern Alliance started as a couple of southern states helping each
other fight
the turmoil inside their borders. They were pretty successful, and were
ordered by
Federal Authorities to provide troops and supplies to support other
operations
around the US. The Alliance refused to obey what they viewed as an
'illegal
government'. The central authority at that time was the remains of the
military, and
the chairman of the joint chiefs assumed nearly dictatorial powers. So,
it wasn't
really a north vs. south affair... it was a splinter state vs. federal
thing. We
picked the south because we were southerners and wanted to fight in
places that we
knew : )

By the way... the Battle of Decatur was cool... I got to level my old
high-school!!!
LOL!!

Prev: Re: [OT] Case of life imitates art? Next: Full Thrust Strategic