Prev: Re: [SG] Easter Scenario Next: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV

Re: [FH] Full Diplomacy

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 07:24:13 -0500
Subject: Re: [FH] Full Diplomacy

>Chris	DeBoe laserlight@cwix.com wrote:
>>Has anyone done a Diplomacy-for-Full-Thrust strategic game?
>>I am planning on writing it but don't want to duplicate effort.
>    Sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing it! Have you thought
about
>the land armies part yet? Or are you just going to have all (space)
navies
>instead?

It's beginning to look like DBA-for-Full-Thrust instead.  Help out here,
you
educated blokes--"De Bellis Astralas"?	"Stellaris"?  Oddly enough, I
started out with Diplomacy, started adding multiple strength units, and
eventually said "Hm, that looks a lot like DBA..."

This discussion (this post and subsequent posts on this topic) is _not_
"public domain"--just in case it ever gets publishable.
Right now I'm thinking of Ship Squadrons from Transports +0, Recon +0,
DD
+2, Cruiser +3, BB +4, DN +5, CVL +3, CVA +4 (carriers can attack at
range).
Speeds from Recon 4 to BB, DN, CVA 1.
Land units will probably also be +1, + 2, +3 but I haven't done much
with
that.
I'm wondering if Scale should be 1/2 AU per space, or if it should just
be
abstracted.
Stacking allowed.  DD's will be able to support larger ships although it
will be expensive.

Prev: Re: [SG] Easter Scenario Next: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV