Prev: [FH] Full Diplomacy Next: RE: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs...

Re: [DS2] Second American Civil War

From: j a c <journeyman2000@j...>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 12:14:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS2] Second American Civil War

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 07:58:38 -0600 devans@uneb.edu writes:
>Just as aside, if you set up the Second American Civil War as a mirror
>of the
>first, I think you're missing the point. I have always figured it to
>be a
>general breakdown; you forget the anti-Federalist sentiment is
>stronger, if
>possible, through much of the West.

I agree entirely.  The west would be a certain hot bed, I'm just
concentrating on the South because I live here and understand it much
better.

>My vision is that Federal control has totally broken down, individual
>states
>claim sovereignty, and brush wars mostly based on purely local issues
>will break
>out. Hearing constant bickering about water rights, especially between
>Colorado,
>Kansas, and Nebraska, a Platte River War sounds one good place to
>start.
>California would probably join in, claiming an even bigger piece of
>the Colorado
>River.

Absolutely.  Heck, theres a county in northwest Georgia, Dade county,
that has for years been trying to secede from Georgia (honest!)
Chattanooga is a prime site for fighting, as its a major hub for
river/rail/interstate transportation.

Jim Clem
Every once in a while, declare peace.  It confuses the hell out of your
enemies.
--Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Prev: [FH] Full Diplomacy Next: RE: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs...