Prev: Re: Old Film and TV Spaceship Kits etc. Next: Re: Minis in the News

OT: OK, here's what happened....

From: "Mark A. Siefert: LORD OF ALL EVIL!" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:42:50 -0600 (CST)
Subject: OT: OK, here's what happened....

OK, for both of who were on the Mark A. Siefert suicide watch, my thanks
for your sympathy and support...

I've finally calmed down to the point were I can talk about what
happened.
At the time, I had only been out with this girl twice.	Everything was
going quite well and we were even getting to the point where we started
smooching a few times

Then, I made a deadly mistake:	I sent her a dozen long-stemmed roses
via
FTD.

This monday she took me aside to tell me that the gift was way over the
top.  She said there was a "misunderstanding,"	she didn't think of me
that way, and that she just wanted to be friends.. you all know the
rest.

I've been told that finding love is similar to the way a great detective
solves a crime:  You gather clues, interview witnesses, follow
leads; but most of the time you rely on blind, stupid LUCK.

Unfortunetly, I'm not very lucky (as anyone who has seen my FT dice
rolls
can tell you).	By the time I deduce that it was Miss. Scarlet in the
conservatory with the lead pipe, Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, and
even
Brother Cadfael have apprehended her and all the other suspects.

Maybe it's time I hung up my deerstalker and magnifying glass.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

"[Like] fire and fusion, government is a dangerous servant and a
terrible
master."

					--Professor Bernardo de la Paz
					"The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
					by Robert A. Heinlein

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu	WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: Old Film and TV Spaceship Kits etc. Next: Re: Minis in the News