Prev: Re: OT: OK, here's what happened.... Next: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV

Old Film and TV Spaceship Kits etc.

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 03:13:54 PST
Subject: Old Film and TV Spaceship Kits etc.

I have an old fighter miniature (I bought mine from GW but I think the
moulds originated elsewhere). The ship is basically frying pan shaped
and the rear disc is a cylon fighter.

As far as I know the Battlestar Galactica kit comes with fighter
miniatures (missed it the first time around, haven't succumbed yet to
the rerelease). I always assumed this was cast from one of those.
I believe that there is a picture of one in Dirtside II with a little
lament by bwana Jon about their non-availability.

The fighter is way to big for FT, it must scale out somewhere around
1/200 or so.
I am almost tempted to buy the CV kit just to find out.

If GW are redoing old stuff maybe they will do this fighter?
I have a couple of nice BBs from them as well.

BTW I just picked up the rereleased Eagle transporter kit, nice.
I remember seeing in White Dwarf (1984?) Eagles pained up in grey and
used for Modular Cutters for a Striker game (Broadsword based I
presume). They looked fantastic!

I almost bought the Moonbase Alpha kit, it comes with little Eagles that

I could cast...

Blakes 7
My brother still has a Corgi toy of the B7 Liberator, it is in our
roofspace. Still near mint and only about 3" long. Hmmn, weird alien
BB...
I preferred the pursuit ships, with some EMA bits and pieces they should

not be difficult to make.

Michael.

Prev: Re: OT: OK, here's what happened.... Next: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV