Prev: Re: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs... Next: Re: On a more personal note, redux.

Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:05:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV

At 11:44 AM 3/23/99 -0500, Tom (but which? ^_- ) wrote:
>Speaking of ships....
>
>Recall, if you will, Battle Beyond the Stars...
>
>Anyone remember the mercenary cruiser used by Geld? Or the hauler
>used by Cowboy? Or the funny ship the Hero (John Boy Walton) flew
>around in? All fitting fare for minis.

As long as we're on the topic... as loose as it is... I always recall,
vaguely, some movie involving 1) a young boy, heir(?) or only son of
some
really rich person/people being either 2) kidnapped or running off with
3)
the semi-typical smuggler/pirate group with a heart of gold and then 4)
the
evil technocrat (female, of course, which was in vogue for a while)
sending
5) a big bad robot ship after them as a test.  Don't really remember the
ending, alas, though I imagine it involved the robot ship getting blown
pieces.  Oh!  Something about the head smuggler giving the boy one of
his
(many) rings.  Something like that.

Anyone else remember this?  I mean, this was probably on the order of 10
years ago on TV... not sure if that's what Tom's talking about or not.
<shrug>  Anyway, there were (IIRC) a good number of different ships in
that
movie....

>Or some (reasonable scale) not-Viper and not-Raiders which
>cleary are not from Battlestar Galactica... (grin).

<grin> Those, and the Gunstar, I would love to see!  Though the
non-Niall
could likely serve as Vipers....

Later,

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kucejko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: Re: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs... Next: Re: On a more personal note, redux.