Prev: Re: Weapon Naming Madness! Next: Re: [FT] Coilguns

RE: Scattergun Symbol

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:36:18 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: RE: Scattergun Symbol

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Tim Jones wrote:

> >I hate to nitpick, but won't that symbol be easily confused with the
> >international "radioactivity" symbol?
>
> Not really:
>
> its in a different context, radioactivity symbols appear
> on nuclear flasks etc not on SSD's. For example you don't
> confuse the armour symbol for the letter 'O'.
>
> its a different graphic, radioactivity has a circular
> centre and circular arcs, and no hexagonal bounding box
> and the opposite sectors coloured black. Completely
> different.

it's certainly not completely different; the first thing i thought when
saw it, not having read these posts, was "radioactive". the symbol is
very
like the radiactivity symbol, really.

however, it's a simple, easy-to-draw symbol, it's a logical derivation
of
the ft2.5 beam and PDAF symbols, and it looks cool. it takes about 15-45
seconds to get over the "wow, it's the radioactivity symbol" effect.
after
that, no problem.

it gets my vote (which is now somewhat redundant as it's been given the
[OFFICIAL] thumbs-up).

Tom

Prev: Re: Weapon Naming Madness! Next: Re: [FT] Coilguns