Prev: Re: On a more personal note... Next: Re: On a more personal note...

Re: DSII - Yet another FMA enhancement to replace the chit draw

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:32:05 +1300
Subject: Re: DSII - Yet another FMA enhancement to replace the chit draw

Daulton James Whitehead III <djwj@eazy.net> wrote:
>Andrew, This looks good.
    Thank you!

>A few clarifications please:
    No problems.

>>    If the both attacker's dice exceed the defender's dice
>
>Would this be better put as "...the defender's highest die."?
    Ah... Yes. That's right. Looks like I forgot to write in the words!

>> DFFG at long range: Roll D8 and halve number (round up) on die
>
>How about a D4?
    Yes. Easier to use. (Now I just have to find my D16... :-)

>>Armour Quality:    D8
>>Ablative Armour struck by HEL:    D12
>>Reactive Armour struck by GMS, IAVR or SLaM:	  D12
>
>>Weapon
>>Effectiveness    Quality
>>50%		     D4
>>75%		     D6
>>100%		      D8
>>DFFG at close range: Roll D8 and double number on die.
>
>RFAC/HVC at long ranges and certain artillery resolutions (Firing HEF
at
>armor or MAK at infantry) fall into the 25% efficiency category. How do
you
>propose to resolve them. A D2 perhaps? (1D4 /2 round up)
>
>>MDC/7 hits size 1 vehicle in rear at close range.
>>Attacker rolls D8 for MDC effectiveness and D12+2 for MDC size.
>>Defender rolls D8 for armour effectiveness and D4-2 for armour level
in
>>rear.
>>- - As can be seen, even a MDC/7 can fail to damage a level 1 armor.
>
>The greater disparity is between level 1 armor and the DFFG,
>DFFG/7 hits size 1 vehicle in the rear at close range:
>Attacker rolls D8x2 and D12+2( minimums 2 and 3)
>Defender rolls D8 for armor effectiveness and D4-2 for armor level
(Maximums
>8 and 2)
>--So even the DFFG can be defended against.
>
>I'm not sure where this falls relative to the chit-draw system
>but it definately looks good.
    I'm not sure either. This system occured to me when I was analysing
the
failures of the previous system and realised that the DIFFERENCE between
the
dice could closely match the INEFFECTIVENESS of weapons. Then it was
simply
a matter of arranging the dice so it all fits and adding in dice for the
level of armour and size of weapon. I like it as no vehicle is truly
safe
from even the lightest weapon and it should be quicker to use. It looks
like
Active armour would be easy to add to this system.
    I should be able to test this system on the weekend. I'll give my
opinion on Monday evening.

Andrew Martin
Who's feeling really overworked lately!
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Re: On a more personal note... Next: Re: On a more personal note...