Prev: Re: A Kids game... Next: Re: Star Map Poster

Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 00:55:47 +0000
Subject: Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits

At 19:12 15/03/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm talking about construction cost.  You implied (in the part I just
>realized I snipped) that you are talking about total cost including
>development and support.  Total cost is about 3 times the construction
cost.

	Yes and no. When you are taking of a new ship design development
and
construction costs tend to blur unless you start going back to the very
basics of each individual system .... Also the navy tends to regard
construction costs as that amount of money needed to spent before they
take
delivery and comission it. There have been times when a ship has been
built
and then heavily modified and then scrapped because it didn't work
right.
Where do construction costs start and where do they end?

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: A Kids game... Next: Re: Star Map Poster