Prev: Re: [FT] Hull Strength and Stress Next: RE: [FT] Hull strength and Stress

Re: [OT] Alien Space

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 06:10:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Alien Space

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> Phillip Atcliffe wrote:
> > Of course, the Alien Space minis that Lou mentioned on occasion
never
> > eventuated, much to my dismay. I wanted Kuzis and Dorts -- oh, and a
> > Rux or two.
>
>	  Yeah, some of those ships were interesting.
>	  I used to be a pretty mean shot with a Rux torpedo.
>	  I'm going to have to dig that game out again,
>	  it's an oldie but goodie.

I brought my copy of Alien Space to the 1998 ECC Convention, just for
kicks.
The young guys didn't have any idea what it was. :-)

The ships were a bit unbalanced.  Let's face it.  The Gapper Zapper?  If
both beams hit an enemy ship, the target was completely vaporized.
Range
on the Gapper Zapper was 36".

There were some interesting weapons in the game, such as the Stalker pod
and javelin torpedo.  Lots of fond memories on the living room floor.

Jon

Prev: Re: [FT] Hull Strength and Stress Next: RE: [FT] Hull strength and Stress