Prev: Re: [OT] Alien Space Next: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal

Ships Stands - Thanks!!!

From: "Kevin Walker" <sage@m...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:35:03 -0600
Subject: Ships Stands - Thanks!!!

Many, many kudos to those that suggested using the square brass rods for
basing starships on.  3/32" rods fit well with little or no needed
modifications to the bases supplies by Geo-Hex and GZG.  The 1/16" rods
fit
into redrilled holes on the miniatures I've worked on.

Before I was using the plastic posts, brass tubes.  The major problem
here
was that the mini turned on the stand with light bump.

The comment of using a small collar on the rod placed in the bottom of
the
miniature is the right way to go.

BTW, this works well for some of those figures (BC and smaller - haven't
tried any larger) that are inconvenient or impossible to base at the
center
of balance.  Some of those Kr'vak ships look great but aren't easy to
post
balanced.

Another nice point (mentioned earlier) is it's easy to vary the height
of
the posts in 1 cm increments.  This makes it possible to fly in a close
formation with the ships without scratching the paint jobs too much.

Now I just gotta go back and remount those ships I've already done.
This is
the only time I'm glad I haven't finished a majority of the models I
own.

Kevin Walker
Mac / Windows Software Developer
sage@millcomm.com
Rochester   MN	 USA

Prev: Re: [OT] Alien Space Next: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal