Prev: Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits Next: FB Sa'Vasku URL Request

Re: Dirtside II FMA Enhancement.

From: Brian Bell <bkb@b...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:30:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirtside II FMA Enhancement.

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Well, I've been skimming through all this as it is posted (and saving
some
> bits for more detailed reading and consideration later), but I do have
> few comments.
> 1) While I realise some players simply don't like it on principle, the
chit
> system WORKS. Given that, why replace it with a dice-and-chart system
that
> is actually MORE complicated? OK, the chits take a few seconds to draw
from
> the pot, but you then have all your results right there in front of
you,
> end of story. The dice system proposed could, at an extreme, actually
> require players to have upwards of FIFTY dice available for the game
(there
> is concievably a case where both players could have to roll five each
of
> the same die type for a single shot).

Agreed. This is why my FMA Enhancement
(http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ds2/ds2fma.html) had just 3 dice
rolled for
any attack. 2 by the attacker (Power Die and Impact Die) and 1 for the
defender
(Armor Die). No looking at charts, no multiplication, no addition, just
looking
for the higher die. True, the odds changed, but was very quick.

By the way, just to make it official, My idea had no intention of
infringing on
the FMA copyright. It should be obvious that I was borrowing both the
idea and
term of FMA for my enhancement idea. And all rights are hereby
transfered to
Ground Zero Games.

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ds2/
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/sg2/

Prev: Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits Next: FB Sa'Vasku URL Request