Prev: RE: Scattergun Symbol Next: Re: Weapon Naming Madness!!

Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:31:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

Samuel Reynolds wrote:

> Jerry wrote in a past life:
>
> >I know... but the lack of symmetry bothers me.  There should be
thrusters
> >on all sides, and you should be allowed to PF, even if it serves no
good
> >purpose (other than increasing your ship speed, so you don't need to
the
> >rotate/push thing.)
>
> There are. The thrusters at the back of the ship are called the "main
drive".

I'm aware of that, but beyond the main drive.  A spacecrafts thruster
tree
should cover all rotational and translational axes (axis?  What's the
plural
for axis?  (8-) ).  As I said, it's mostly a symmetry thing.  Besides,
I can think of a nice house rule for FT where the Main Drive and the
Thrusters are actually separate systems, so you can still maneuver on
thrusters if the MD buys it.

J.
--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: RE: Scattergun Symbol Next: Re: Weapon Naming Madness!!