Prev: Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits Next: RE: [OT] Alien Space

Re: [OT] Alien Space

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 06:44:36 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Alien Space

Alan:
***
And you hit PAY DIRT! And at that price, I'd be very tempted to get it
myself.
***

I've seen copies go for fair, not awesome, but large, prices at auction,
which is weird to me because Lou Zocchi, at GenCon, sells them from
his booth. No problem getting him to autograph a copy while you're
there, too. ;->= I'm pretty certain Sleeping Dragon's price is better,
tho'.

You can also pick up the Alien Space game from Lou. I'm certain that
there were ads calling them compatible, even though the AS used
a 360 degree rosette, and Battle Manual 400 tics to the circle.
400 tics were the standard put in the Technical Manual, from which
Lou got his designs and license to produce. Before Paramount realized
the market potential.

Good point about the ring and stand on the Gamescience ships. The ring
took advantage of the taper of the stand uprights; a little slack to
the string, and ring slipped down and centered itself for accuracy.
Well,
that was the theory.

The_Beast who promises to now return to his defender of ON TOPIC
paladinhood

Prev: Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits Next: RE: [OT] Alien Space