Prev: Re: FMA Enhancement to Dirtside II Next: Re: [OT] Jon Tuffley Made It Into Murphy's Rules!

Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 11:39:55 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

Donald Hosford wrote:

> I may be unsure about this, (my FB copy is at a friend's house)  but
the way I
> understand it, any thrust used to maneuver, is taken from the "main"
thrust.  So
> does it matter when that thrust is used?  So long as the player isn't
using more
> thrust than his ship can take, whats is the problem?
>
> Donald Hosford

I just got back from the doc's.  Had to have a serious case of
"Athelete's Toung"
(Foot-in-mouth	-- It's amazing how one can still communicate this
way...8D)

I was able to look that up....Fleetbook, Page 3, first column, "Maneuver
thrust"
section, 2nd paragraph....(see I did look it up...:)

The maneuver thrust is 1/2 of the main thrust, but does not use main
thrust to turn
the ship.  (Essentially it is free.  I suppose one would go slowly nuts
if one had
to keep track of every detail...)

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: FMA Enhancement to Dirtside II Next: Re: [OT] Jon Tuffley Made It Into Murphy's Rules!