Prev: Re: [OT] Jon Tuffley Made It Into Murphy's Rules! Next: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal

Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 09:24:13 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

>Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>>
>> Doug wrote:
>>
>> > Jerry, you CAN do what you suggest [use your thrusters to "push
>> > forward"], IF you can rotate, push, rotate back again.
>> >
>> > Do the rules say you can't?
>>
>> Yes. If you both rotate and thruster push in the same turn, FB only
>> allows you to do one of each. Your example uses two rotations and one
>> thruster push.
>
>Oh, is that in there?	Played too much EFSB damnit.  (8-)
>
>> 'Course, there's no reason not to use the main engines in this case -
>> they're kinda designed to push forward, after all :-/
>
>I know... but the lack of symmetry bothers me.  There should be
thrusters
>on all sides, and you should be allowed to PF, even if it serves no
good
>purpose (other than increasing your ship speed, so you don't need to
the
>rotate/push thing.)

There are. The thrusters at the back of the ship are called the "main
drive".

- Sam
Samuel Reynolds
Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/
Reynolds Virtual Workshop: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Jon Tuffley Made It Into Murphy's Rules! Next: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal