Prev: [OT] Jon Tuffley Made It Into Murphy's Rules! Next: Re: DS2 FMA Enhancement.

Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:32:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Doug wrote:
>
> > Jerry, you CAN do what you suggest [use your thrusters to "push
> > forward"], IF you can rotate, push, rotate back again.
> >
> > Do the rules say you can't?
>
> Yes. If you both rotate and thruster push in the same turn, FB only
> allows you to do one of each. Your example uses two rotations and one
> thruster push.

Oh, is that in there?  Played too much EFSB damnit.  (8-)

> 'Course, there's no reason not to use the main engines in this case -
> they're kinda designed to push forward, after all :-/

I know... but the lack of symmetry bothers me.	There should be
thrusters
on all sides, and you should be allowed to PF, even if it serves no good
purpose (other than increasing your ship speed, so you don't need to the
rotate/push thing.)

J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: [OT] Jon Tuffley Made It Into Murphy's Rules! Next: Re: DS2 FMA Enhancement.