Prev: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem Next: RE: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:25:31 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au> wrote:

[snip]

>So is it a physics thing that makes this move such a bad thing? Have I
got
>my ideas about engines cock-eyed or what? I am seriously trying to
>understand what the fuss is all about - though I guess if I ever
bothered
>to shut up then there probably wouldn't be much of a fuss ;)

I've never really had an actual problem with this in a game, so if we
want
to leave things as is, I'd be fine with that. The only place where you
might run into "abuse" is with a gaggle of Thrust 6 or 8+ ships.

However, if we just say that the "thruster push" is simply an extension
of
a more efficient drive...

It keeps things simple and makes it so no one has to change anything.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem Next: RE: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem