Prev: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB Next: Re: [FT] Star Trek TOS Page updated

Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:24:30 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> What I'm worried about is an "eggshell" mounting three missiles, say:
>
> Mass 20 Missile Boat:
>
> Fragile Hull, 2 MASS, 4 POINTS
> FTL Drives, 2 MASS, 4 POINTS
> Thrust 3, 3 MASS, 6 POINTS
> 1 FireCon, 1 MASS, 4 POINTS
> 3 EMP Missiles, 12 MASS, 36 POINTS
>
> 54 POINTS
>
> Three of these babies can take down our SDN "in a vacuum," at 162
points.

But if you use the "need 1 FC per missile" proposal, you need another 24
pts at least. And are "fighter fodder", very vulnerable to any fighter
groups coming your way. So you need an escort, ie yet more points.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB Next: Re: [FT] Star Trek TOS Page updated