Prev: Painting soft plastic (was Re: [FT] Basing Fighters) Next: Re: Painting soft plastic (was Re: [FT] Basing Fighters)

Re: Painting soft plastic (was Re: [FT] Basing Fighters)

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:51:32 -0600
Subject: Re: Painting soft plastic (was Re: [FT] Basing Fighters)

Thanks, Sam; I don't recall hearing of using sand.

There have been long discussions about painting these, with
suggestions like plastic pre-paint spray at auto parts stores,
washing with degreasers to remove mo(u)ld release, dipping in
flexible tool coatings, Future floor wax, etc.

For more gory details, I'd suggest a newsgroup digest reader,
like, http://www.dejanews.com , and power search:
rec.games.miniatures.*
Or, even archives of this list; I think we've talked before.

I gather that PP and vinyl, if not the same thing, have similar
characteristics. Plenty of work done with old Airfix and Esci
figures by the historical folks for us to reinvent the wheel.

The_Beast