Prev: Re: 18.1" Anti-Aircraft Guns!!! Next: Re: 18.1" Anti-Aircraft Guns!!!

Re: 18.1" Anti-Aircraft Guns!!!

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 08:00:13 -0600
Subject: Re: 18.1" Anti-Aircraft Guns!!!

Randall:
***
  True enough, but IIRC, they (the 18.1" guns) didn't knock down a
single
airplane. All those big guns could do is point in the general direction
and
hope the scattershot hit something- the guns were simply too big and
slow
to accurately track a fast moving aircraft.
***

Agreed, again. Perhaps a die roll to indicate if a hit on the squadron
and
include a possible 'barrel' failure. If a hit, a second roll to
determine
how many fighters boil away.

Perhaps 1 weopen inoperable, 6 hit on squadron. Could be adjusted, say
on 5 both hit AND weopen corroded. I do lousy trying to crunch numbers.
Obviously, the idea is to work towards play balance.

I see this also, possibly, being fleet-specific. Fleets defending more
against fighters would be more likely to have than those flying lots
of 'em.

I'd like to make the possibility of self-damage increasing with each
shot,
but that would be a nasty complication.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: 18.1" Anti-Aircraft Guns!!! Next: Re: 18.1" Anti-Aircraft Guns!!!