Prev: Re: [DS] Stone mountain mini sci fi line Next: RE: Savasku (Was space cows))

Re: Savasku (Was space cows))

From: "Jonathan White" <zzalsjfw@f...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:16:49 -0000
Subject: Re: Savasku (Was space cows))

On 10 Mar 99, at 4:04, Denny Graver wrote:
> >>views of the SV - I can see 'swarms' of SV warping into a systems to
> >>graze...
> >I don't see the actual SV ships as creatures requiring feeding like a
> >swarm of space cows. My view of the SV is as master genetic
bio-engineers
> >the ships are just large biots that don't require feeding as such.
> Space cows, eh... perhaps my wording suggested that image.  Perhaps
forage
> is a better word.  This could mean for food, raw materials etc, a
> planetary invasion,drones boarding  for new genetical material, etc
Indeed so. If you look at the spacecraft as large organic 'factories' as
well
as warships, there is a lot of ptoential there.

> >They
> >probably contain the bio-engineered equivalent of a warp core or
fusion
> >reactor to provide energy. The screwyness of these systems is what
gives
> >us the SV energy generation profile seen in MT.
> All dependent on what PSB you use ;]
There is no equivalent of a biological fusion reactor at least. A fusion

reaction (even a controlled one) is far too violent for anything organic
(at
least in terms of 'real world' organic life) to contain.Superhigh
capacity
electric power storage of energy generated by some viable organic means
I can
go for, but not fusion powered bioships.

> Does anyone out there play SV straight from MT - any comments on how
they
> play(apart from PF die rolling gripes, how often do they beat a human
or
> KV force ?
I beat humans reasonably often (I win about 1/3 of my games more or
less).
Kravak in MT form I've lost the three games I've played against them -
you
tend to have to use so much of your power reserve to stay out of their
forward arcs that you never have much left to fight with. I *would* like
if
possible in FB2 for Sa'Vasku to have access to some of the new tech in
organic form. I'm not in on the testing of FB2 so I can't comment on it,
but
I *would* like Sa'Vasku ships to have the capacity to be armoured
(exoskeletal armour isn't unknown in the real world) and also have
access to
an equivalent of the SML system - 'swarms' of minidrone fighters?  One
point
is I don't employ the known tactic of flooding the board with drone
packs and
staying out of the way. I think it's a bit cheezy, frankly.

> And has anyone costed MT SV for use FB style ?  I'm working on a UOSV
FB
> and will post when finished.
Nope. We tend to 'play with what we bring'. I haven't got any of the SV
capitals yet (but I am going to, and very soon :) )so it tends to be my
SV
against squadrons of smaller human/Krav ships.

				TTFN
					Jon
"Did you have a good world when you died? Good enough to base a movie
on?"
    - The Doors
Jonathan White, COS group, Manchester University

Prev: Re: [DS] Stone mountain mini sci fi line Next: RE: Savasku (Was space cows))