Prev: Re: (Con) GZGECC2: JON-DON'T READ! Next: Re: [OT]My Last Word on SST

Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley (Thruster pushes)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 00:21:56 +0100
Subject: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley (Thruster pushes)

Alun wrote:

> It still doesn't solve the problem an MD burn of 6 combined with any
> thruster push will give a total thrust of over 6.

That is correct. It is also what tends to happen when you have extra
independent (but weaker) engines mounted perpendicular to the main
one...

As long as the maneuver thrusters and main drive pushes don't push the
ship in the same direction (which they can't if you can't rotate the
ship
between the pushes), I don't see the fact that you accelerate faster if
you use both sets of engines at once as a problem. Neither in the game
nor in reality...

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: (Con) GZGECC2: JON-DON'T READ! Next: Re: [OT]My Last Word on SST