Prev: Re: A Kids game question for the teeming masses.. Next: [DS] Stone mountain mini sci fi line

Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:37:01 +1300
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

Kipling quoter <KOCHTE@stsci.edu> wrote:
>Also, another thought, instead of rolling one die and multiplying it by
the
size of the weapon, why not roll X number of die where 'X' is the size
of
the weapon?
    Adding them up, would make the total too average for big guns, as
low
dice scores negate high dice scores.
    If the dice were rolled separately, and only the highest dice
counted,
then any roll which exceeded the target's highest armour dice score,
would
destroy the target. This would be less predictable. If the totals match,
the
target is damaged, instead.
    For example, if I'm firing my quad MDC/4 armed VSC:7 'mech at medium
range at a armour 5 target, I would roll 4 D8 versus the target's 5 D10.
Then I repeat this procedure for extra barrel that hits the target. If
one
of my D8 exceeds the highest of my target's armour dice, then my target
blows up.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Re: A Kids game question for the teeming masses.. Next: [DS] Stone mountain mini sci fi line