Prev: Re: [OT] Attention Devan! Next: Re: A Kids game question for the teeming masses..

Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley (Thruster pushes)

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:48:26 -0800
Subject: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley (Thruster pushes)

At 4:30 AM -0800 3/9/99, alun.thomas@convergys.com wrote:

>The simplest solutions I can see are either:
>
>a) ban thruster pushes altogether (although they can be used for
docking,
>the effect is too small to show up in combat)
>
>or
>
>b) don't allow ships to use thruster pushes in the same turn as MD
burns.

my 2 cents:

c) put thruster pushes and MD burns under the same limit; i.e. a ship
with 6 thrust could thrust MD 4 and push 2 to starboard.

I'll also suggest that the thruster pushes be limited, perhaps pushes
count double against the thrust limit.

This should eliminate the problem nicely, and leave thruster pushes in
the game

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: [OT] Attention Devan! Next: Re: A Kids game question for the teeming masses..