Prev: Re: [LIST] Re: [OT] Attention Devan! Next: Re: [LIST] Re: [OT] Attention Devan!

RE: [OT] Attention Devan!

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 16:23:41 -0000
Subject: RE: [OT] Attention Devan!

BTW the original topic list *really was not a serious suggestion*, just
an off
the cuff observation on what seems to get peoples goats or is sure fire
troll
bait.

>there that has become the basis for very much of today's SF.
>It's one of teh grandaddy's of combat SF from which many ideas
originated. ]

Absolutely.

>there are GZG SST conversions (old and new ones in progress) which tie
>directly into this list.

Yes of course they do. Rules for gaming SST are interesting and relevant

>Politics, religion and nationalism? That's pretty much the whole reason
>every war we simulate in GZG starts. And almost any discussion of the
>fiction or motivation of various GZG or other SF powers illicits,
>through discussions, comparison with current or past events some event
>in order to make a poster's point.

I totally agree with you up to the point where it becomes an entrenched
slanging match.

>end of policing themselves) But still better for having the discussion
>than not

Debatable, but not here.

>just like any other. You're ranting about SST movie vs book probably
>prolonged the thread longer than it would have lived otherwise. <grin>

IIRC I didn't *rant* about SST movie vs book?

>That's life on this mailing list, might as well unsub now if you're
>going to jump up and down the nano-second something strays off of your
>idea of a proper thread.

I'm really not 'jumping up and down', lifes too short. I know what this
list can be like. I want to keep this list the same as it has always
been.
On topic, and gentlemanly (and womanly). This requires occasional,
reasoned
and open discussion, on how we conduct business now and in the future.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: Re: [LIST] Re: [OT] Attention Devan! Next: Re: [LIST] Re: [OT] Attention Devan!